Sunday, February 14, 2010

WWI Letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

I miss you guys so much. It has been 1 month since I arrived to the trenches in France. Sorry I was not able to write to you during boot camp in New York. It was so difficult and tiring, between all of the workouts, learning obedience, respect and even mastering a new language, I could never find the time to write before falling asleep. But, if I thought boot camp was exhausting, the trenches are even worse. The living conditions are terrible, and I am always scared for my safety. You never know when somethings going to happen, or who's going to lose their life next. I sure hope it isn't me. Two days ago, I lost my closest friend that I had here, Jim, we have been close since going through training, and his death really hit me hard. I just can't wait until we win this war and I can come home.
I love you and miss you!

Love Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment